Dundas Valley Medical Centre was founded nearly 40 years ago in a house on the border of Dundas Valley and Telopea by Dr Kelvin Lo and Dr Leslie Nighjoy – two doctors who had a real heart for the community. Their patient-centred approach and dedication has been admired by the many patients who have attended the practice. The photo above is of the house that they worked in over these many years.
Dr Peter Chong joined the team in 2012 and soon after the team gradually grew in size to what it is today.
In September 2015, the practice relocated to our current address – a shop across the road in Telopea – freshly fitted out but still aiming to retain that friendly homely feel of the old surgery. From February 2016, our surgery has expanded to being affiliated with our other practice in Lidcombe (Quality Health Medical Centre), which aims to offer the same philosophy and quality of medicine.
Our commitments can be summarised below:
- We are committed to providing effective and efficient patient-centred health care.
- We are committed to ongoing education amongst doctors to improve our patient care.
- We are committed to ongoing review of the systems and facilities of the medical centre to ensure improvement in quality of functioning and patient flow.
- We are committed to taking any feedback or complaints seriously.
- We are committed to ethical medical practice.
- We are committed to the community and the people that we are serving.